"To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom....Since our office is with moments, let us husband them."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, October 05, 2007

Indian Summer

As luck would have it, this has been a banner year for my Cleveland sports teams. First, you have the Cavaliers making it to the NBA finals, then you have the Indians winning the Central Division title, and beating the Yankees 12-3 in the first game of the ALDS, and finally you have the Browns possibly turning the corner and becoming a respectable football team as they are 2-2 a quarter of the way through the season. What makes this situation so great is that I haven't been able to really experience anything in person. First, the Cavs due to being at Carleton and then Ann Arbor, then with the Indians, being here in Denmark, and the same goes for the Browns. Not only that, but I haven't been able to watch my teams as much as I would like just because of conflicting schedules, and even more so not getting the right television channels. What does all of this mean? It means that I couldn't be happier with the current status of Cleveland sports, and that I'm perfectly content to spend this Friday night in to watch the Indians battle the Yankees a second night, all on my illegal stream.

No comments: