"To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom....Since our office is with moments, let us husband them."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 20, 2007

A Clean Room...Finally

Obviously, going to live in Denmark for 4 months means that packing is a pretty key component in getting ready to depart. However, I've been a couple steps behind in that regards...I still had to unpack. From Carleton. So what if I left the land of cows, colleges, and contentment during the first week in June, I was in no hurry.

In reality the delay can be blamed on spending my summer in Ann Arbor doing research at the University of Michigan. I was home in Ohio for a grand total of 1 day in between, so naturally I took all of my junk from Carleton with me to my apartment in Michigan. Then when I moved back home a couple weeks ago it just started to pile up higher and higher and higher. My room was definitely the worst I had ever seen. Not even the mess left from my huge lincoln log, lego, and soldier wars back in elementary school could compare. The whole situation was exacerbated by the fact that my family left for a quick vacation a week after I was home.

Nevertheless, I have finally conquered my room. The floor can be seen, and walked upon. The second bed could actually function as a bed. And all my books, folders, binder, notebooks, and pieces of paper have all been taken care of.

So what does this all mean? I'm set to pack. But no rush in doing that. I've still got 4 days left!

1 comment:

Pablo Kenney said...

Four days? Psh, you're fine (although I guess you actually only have two days now)