"To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom....Since our office is with moments, let us husband them."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 27, 2007

A smattering of thoughts

This post will just be a handful of my thoughts that have occurred today:

  • Someone asked where my homestay is loacted within Copenhagen. I live in a "neighborhood" that is on the island of Amager, which is where the airport is located. I have about a 30 minute commute to DIS, which is on the low end. E-mail me at londond@carleton.edu if you would like the actual address to look up my house on Google Earth, or some other satellite website.
  • I'm going to my first soccer practice in about 3 years tomorrow! There is a club affiliated with DIS that allows DIS students to play on one of their teams. Since they have 6 mens' teams, and I haven't played competitive soccer in over 3 years, I'll probably be on one of the lower teams, but who knows. And who knows if I'll continue to do it or not, but I'll at least attend the first practice. I have to admit I'm quite nervous about the whole ordeal, but we'll see.
  • I went on my "tourist" sightseeing of Copenhagen today. Overall, the tour left much to be desired, but it was fine. I've uploaded the pictures from it to my Webshots, which can be accessed by the link at the top right of my page, or by clicking here: http://community.webshots.com/user/dsocc2l1864
  • After interacting with a handful of students from schools across the country, mostly indirectly, all I can say is it did nothing to reaffirm how good a fit Carleton is for me.
  • Finally, I am already getting extremely frustrated with my lack of knowledge in terms of the Danish language. I know realize how rough life was for people in my program in Berlin last summer, who didn't know German. Not being able to read especially makes things quite difficult.

No comments: