"To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom....Since our office is with moments, let us husband them."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The excitement!

It has been an exciting last couple of days here and back home (and these are in no particular order). First, my parents have officially bought their retirement home, which is in a great location if you ask me: on Grand Traverse Bay on Lake Michigan! We're going up there for Christmas, and I'm really excited to see it. Second, the last piece of art my parents bought at the Ann Arbor Art Fair this summer finally came, and it looks great. My help was definitely needed on those purchases. Third, I have a good sense of all the extra traveling that I'll be doing while across the pond. It looks like I'll get a chance to go to Berlin (again), Poznan in Poland, Prague and the Czech countryside, Northern Italy and Tuscany, and Vienna. And best yet, some of this gets to be done with Liza. Fourth, classes were done on Tuesday for this week, as we leave today for Jutland. Here's a map of where I'll be going:


Finally, my mom and brother are driving down to the greater Columbus area to pick up Marta, the family's new yellow lab puppy. She's quite cute:

No comments: