"To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom....Since our office is with moments, let us husband them."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Oh, the wonders of the internet and crazy, illegal programs

Today has been spent doing homework and fiddling around with my computer. A lot of that fiddling has been trying to fix one of my external hard drives (filled with all of my music), but that has failed, and I just ordered a new one to replace it. It was a pretty frustrating ordeal. When I wasn't frustrated beyond belief with the hard drive I've been watching the Browns play absolutely horribly, and the US against Brazil in a friendly, with lovely Chinese commentary. How am I accomplishing this? There's this great program that I downloaded called Sopcast, which lets people stream their TV feeds online for other people to watch. This results in reduced quality and a time lag, but being able to watch the Browns suck on "live" TV is so much better than getting to hear Jim Donovan tell me they suck over the internet radio feed (the Browns ended up losing 34-7 and played like crap -- and that's being nice). In better sports news the Tigers lost today, which is always good for the Indians, and the US is up 1-0 over Brazil in the 30th minute. Maybe at least them and the Indians can give my teams a couple victories this weekend.

1 comment:

Jessica Denise said...

The Tigers losing. . .that was kind of upsetting (but as a Michigan girl, I could handle that). But the Browns...that kind of made me want to cry inside. It was soooo bad. Craig and myself and my family were at Damons and that was one of the games they were playing. Man oh man.