"To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom....Since our office is with moments, let us husband them."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, September 10, 2007

Mmmmmmmm, Danish Mexican

Tonight, my Medical Practice & Policy program had a dinner meeting to talk about our study trip we are taking this Thursday (more on that in a later post). The meeting was in a cafeteria of some sort for the University of Copenhagen, and the meal was supposedly a "Mexican" buffet. It was the most interesting "Mexican" I think I have ever had. The meal consisted of greens, lentils, bread, white rice with some peas and diced tomatoes, some kind of meatball in a tomato sauce, and baked chicken legs that had some light pineapple flavor. There was zero spice. The food was good, and tasty, but not Mexican. The group of us commented that this must be "Danish Mexican".

Well, when I got home that night, I mentioned this to my host family, and they were affronted that the above meal was considered Mexican. They then reassured me that in fact the Danes do know what Mexican is, and in fact they can do quite well. Maybe some night in the future I'll actually find out.

P.S: Fashion comment of the day: On the bus, I saw a 70 year old man wearing a denim jacket that read "Pure Playaz". Nice.

No comments: